GOOD NEIGHBOUR SERIES NOTICE BOARD
July 24th: New start times for Friday nights and a notice from Pierre Farmer.
There are 2 starts planned as usually about 20 of 50 different boats take part in race weekly. First start will be for boats with crew handicap of less than 1 (slower boats compared to the fleet) and second start will be for boats with crew handicap of 1 and more (faster boats compared to the fleet).
Pass the word that we are now doing 2 regular small starts 5 minutes apart with comparable speed boats.
Considering the number last week we only did one start we only did one start, if we have more than 15 boats we will do the 2 starts.
July 3rd: New start times for Friday nights and a notice from Pierre Farmer.
Please find the results and standings of the 5 pursuit races to post or print for your club.
Please find the start sequence of the second session which is small starts of 10 boats faster ones first at 18h30 to post or print for your club.
There are possibly 5 starts planned as 42 different boats took part in races. I believe that in effect each start will be composed of 5 to 6 boats per start (maybe a little more for the faster and more experienced boats of start 1).
June 29th: New Start time for Friday Night Races posted today.
June 13th: Updates for upcoming Friday Fun Races
- Next race will be 2 small triangles if the wind is at least 5 knots, previsions are for 10 knots and clear sky.
- First start for the slowest boat is 18:30;00 and last start for the fastest is 17:07:30
- Race should take between 45 minutes for the fastest ending around 20:00:00 to 1 hour and half for the slowest ending also around 20:00:00.
- People wanting to hop on someone else’s boat must send a request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or ask in front of the club house at the skippers meeting around 17h30
- People wanting to sail their boat and get a proper Handicap and start time in advance must send a request before Friday morning with their boat size, make and sail number by email at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday morning or call the RC boat on VHF channel 77 to get an approximated handicap and start time.
May 30th: Updated NOR and SIs area now available for Friday Night Fun Races. See links at the bottom of the GNS page.
May 22nd: Friday Fun Race information now posted. A information session will be held on Friday 25th at the Royal at 7pm for those interested in how the format will work for 2018.
May 15th: Check here for special notices regarding protests, sailing instructions and other items of interest.